Here are some of the better resources for keeping track of the outpouring of loss and celebration of Michael's prolific life; as you review you may be struck as we were by the realization of how many considered him a true friend:
- Michael's last written article, "Did I cheat Morte Subite?" for All About Beer Magazine--read this first. Even the title suggests Michaels extraordinary skill, vision and playful wit.
- The last interview with the Beer Hunter - video from Aug. 7.
- HopTalk's extensive list of links
- The Brewer's Association of America's Tribute Page opens with Charlie Papazian and Ray Daniel's eloquent rememberances--"Michael simply created the beer universe as we know it"--and includes those from many brewers and beer writers. Tomme Arthur: "We've lost our Elvis." You can contribute by sending your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Guardian Obituary by Roger Protz.
- The Washington Post Obituary by Adam Bernstein
- NPR's Weekend Edition Obituary includes two audio comments from Michael on Wine and Beer; comforting to hear his voice.
- NPR's In Memory of Michael Jackson includes a short interview with Terry Gross from 1991.
- The Celebrator Beer News Obituary with archival pictures
- Jay Brooks is maintaining excellent links and updates
- We all took something from Michael's generous education and writing; Tomme Swiped Something from Him
- The British Guild of Beer Writers page of rememberances
- Lew Bryson's Rememberance and many comment posts on the same topic
- All About Beer Memorial Post Page
- Excellent remeberance with biographical detail by Carolyn Smagalski of BellaOnline
- A few rememberances at Real Beer and Appellation Beer each with comment posts commemorating Michael
- Custom Google Search for Michael
Feel free to post simple urls/links of additional resources in the comments area below.